Do you miss going out with your friends and family? Are you planning on going on a vacation soon after ECQ and GCQ has been lifted but with precautions? I heard a good news today. It’s about the leading hotel chain in the Philippines, Hotel Sogo. During lockdown the management really used their time to plan for the post-COVID-19 crisis.
Hotel Sogo management came up with a program called ‘Sogo Safe Program’ where they take part in the ‘new normal’ with a new campaign, ‘So Clean, So Good, So Safe’ campaign that aims to secure the safety of its employees and guests.
Watch their campaign ad below.
Now, here is the list of their New Normal Playbook.
Hotel Sogo is proud to continuously implement precautionary measures such as temperature checking upon entering the hotel, placement of alcohol and hand sanitizers in common areas and information dissemination on COVID-19 since December 2019.
– Enhanced cleaning and sanitation are also been applied in all its branches.
Corporate Social Responsibility (Sogo Cares Program)
– Hotel Sogo is the first to provide free room accommodations that served as temporary shelter to healthcare workers and frontliners.
– A total of P80-million worth of donation or more than 800 room accommodations were given to healthcare workers, OFWs, and seafarers repatriates for free.
– This is in coordination with 10 city mayors and 31 hospitals in the country.
- New Normal Features
a. At The Hotel
– Uniforms of hotel staff are redesigned to incorporate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
– Temperature screening and disinfection mats upon entering the hotel.
– Social distancing in front desk.
– Installation of protective acrylic glass panel in front desk.
– Social distancing with markers and limit of persons in elevators.
– Hand Sanitizers in common areas.
– Contactless hotel features (doors and elevators).
– UVC light treatment is also modified in elevator consoles, door handles, keycard cases, cash register and food preparation.
– Use of UVC disinfection light array cart in cleaning and disinfection of rooms and bathrooms.
– Studies show that the use of UVC, with wavelengths between 200 and 270 nanometre (nm), can kill microbes, germs, bacteria and viruses. This has been adopted since use of UVC is done in recent years and is also used in disinfecting hospitals as UVC kills pathogens and microorganisms.
– Constant disinfection in all amenities is also implemented.
– No-contact facilities from lobby doors to toilet fixtures thru installing foot door opener and foot-controlled dispenser.
– Hotel Sogo has created newly designed giveaways for the guests such as no contact keys and sanitizers. No-contact key serves as a tool in touching common objects like door handles, elevator buttons, and ATMs.
– Hotel Sogo Mobile app is also up for contact tracing.
b. At The Corporate Office
– Temperature checks upon entering the office.
– Hand sanitizers in common areas.
– Limit to number of people using the elevator.
– Social distancing in workplace and in crowded areas like canteen.
– Provision of multivitamins to employees.
As you can see, they are well prepared. This definitely shows how much they care about the employees and future guests.
Visit their social media handles to stay updated and to check out more photos and videos related to their new program.
Oh, wait there’s more! You’ll get these nice giveaways from them too. Get one for me? JK.
Leave a Reply